● Boeing Co рационализирует системы производства самолетов на своей крупнейшей фабрике, пытаясь сократить расходы, чтобы конкурировать с Airbus и урезать дефицит около $30 млрд из-за Boeing-787 Dreamliner, пишет Reuters. Boeing перемещает часть производства за границу. Но гендиректор компании Деннис Мюленбург в интервью WSJ утверждает, что это не ударит по рабочим местам в США
● Федеральная резервная система (ФРС) США, как ожидается, повысит ставки в июне вне зависимости от того, какими будут экономические данные. В то же время трейдеры теряют веру в повышение ставок во втором полугодии, пишет ZeroHedge
● “Местные” банки США не выдерживают регулирования. Несколько недель назад Standard Financial, банк с активами $488 млн и всего девятью отделениями, слился с Allegheny Valley Bancorp, еще меньшим по размеру соседом в пригороде Питтсбурга. Основная причина объединения, объясняет глава Standard Тим Зиммерман, – возросшая стоимость регулирования, хотя конкуренция с базирующемся в регионе PNC, финансовым гигантом с активами более чем $371 млрд, также сыграла свою роль.
● Tesla, HPE, Alcoa попали в спискок Fortune 500. Всего добавлено 20 новых компаний, шесть были результатом разделений или отделений, а три были созданы более 100 лет назад. Две были созданы только в прошлом году.
In reaction to disappointing earnings/guidance:
- DTEA -8.9%, GEF -8.8%, CMTL -6.7%, MTN -4.1%, DVMT -4%
- NLNK -28.9% (Roche (RHHBY) to return rights to IDO inhibitor GDC-0919)
- URBN -13.3% ( discloses that ‘thus far during the second quarter of fiscal 2018, comparable Retail segment net sales are high single-digit negative’ in 10Q)
- USDP -10.9% (prices 3 mln Common Units at $11.60 per Common Unit )
- CGG -10.8% (reports final data from Encontrado project over Perdido fold belt )
- MZOR -9.3% (announces that in May, the Israeli Securities Authority conducted a search at the offices of Mazor and also questioned certain officers in connection with an investigation)
- CORT -5% (being attributed to block trade pricing)
- MSL -3.5% (announces public offering of $50 mln of common stock; to reduce the Company’s quarterly cash dividend)
- RGSE -3.4% (filed for 6,127,404 shares of Class A common stock upon exercise of existing warrants)
- BKCC -1.6% (commences offering of $125 mln of senior unsecured convertible notes due 2022)
- CAA -1% (announces offering of 42.8 mln shares of the Co’s common stock, including 10 mln shares being offered by MP CA Homes ), .
- LGCY -5.3% (downgraded to Sell at Stifel)
- JUNO -5% (downgraded to Sell from Neutral at BTIG Research)
- DECK -1.3% (downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Buckingham Research)
- HA -0.9% (downgraded to Hold from Buy at Deutsche Bank)
On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Fibrocell Science (FCSC) announced that the remaining two patients in the NC1+ cohort have been dosed in the Phase 1 portion of the Phase 1/2 clinical trial of FCX-007 for the treatment of Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa, a devastating genetic skin disease with a high mortality rate. No product-related adverse events were reported. Twelve-week post-treatment data for safety, mechanism of action and efficacy for multiple patients in the Phase 1 portion of the trial are expected in the third quarter of 2017.
- DexCom (DXCM) incorporated its Ambulatory Glucose Profile into its Dexcom CLARITY software. A web-based software, Dexcom CLARITY provides access to clinically relevant metrics and reports for data analyses and diabetes management planning.
- Catalyst Biosciences (CBIO) announced that data from two of its product candidates will be presented at the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis Meeting being held in Berlin, Germany from July 8 to 13, 2017.
Gapping up (SCANX) :
In reaction to strong earnings/guidance:
- MIND +21.7%, (light volume), BABA +12.8%, (guidance at Investor Day) OKTA +7.1%, AGX +4.1%, ONVO +3.9%, SJM +3.1%, NEPT +2.7%, VRNT +2%, FCEL +1.9%, ABM +1.7%, (also SVP/President of ABM Technical Solutions Scott Giacobbe elected EVP and will succeed James McClure as EVP/COO effective November 1 2017), .
- SCLN +8.4% (Buyer Consortium will acquire all the outstanding shares of SciClone for $11.18/share in cash)
- VRX +2.7% (to sell its iNova Pharmaceuticals business to a company jointly owned by funds advised and managed by Pacific Equity Partners and The Carlyle Group (CG) for $930 mln in cash)
- FOR +0.9% (determines that DHI’s proposal to acquire the co for $16.25 ‘could reasonably be expected to lead to a Superior Proposal)
- P +0.2% (Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) in talks to make an investment in Pandora after outright acquisition talks are said to have ended without a deal, according to Reuters)
Select China/BABA peers and related names showing strength following BABA’s guidance at Investor Day:
- BZUN +10.8%, YHOO +9.7%, JD +4.8%, MOMO +3.1%, BIDU +2.4%, WB +2.1%, SINA +1.7%
- INSG +37.8% (Inseego terminates TCL transaction to sell MiFi business, plans to restructure, changes leadership, details improved profitability outlook; will call at 8:30am ET on June 8 )
- NXTD +17.5% (announces its Token Service Provider solution has been successfully integrated with the Visa Token Service and is now qualified as a Visa TR-TSP partner through the Visa Ready Program)
- DRWI +17.1% (seeing continued strength; also Nasdaq Hearings Panel granted the Company’s request for continued listing)
- VSTM +14.6% (will present long-term follow-up data from the DYNAMO study at the ICML)
- COOL +11.7% (announces pre-clinical results demonstrating that its lead product, SkinTE)
- ONCS +7.5% (granted orphan designation by the FDA for DNA Plasmid Vector encoding IL-12)
- MOSY +5.4% (continued strength following 125% move y’day)
- CASC +5% (confirms the FDA granted orphan designation to tucatinib for the treatment of breast cancer patients with brain metastases)
- AMD +3.8% (continued strength)
- CVNA +2.7% (extending earnings related move higher)
- INO +2.7% (commences its phase 3 clinical program to evaluate the efficacy of VGX-3100 to treat cervical dysplasia caused by HPV after FDA removes clinical hold)
- SSTI +1.8% (IPO seeing continued strength)
- RGNX +1.3% (AveXis and REGENXBIO announce an exclusive worldwide license agreement for AveXis)
- TPX +1.2% (10% owner H Partners disclosed the purchase of 100K shares)
- NVDA +3.4% (target raised to $180 from $145 at Citigroup)
- KITE +2.3% (upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BTIG Research)
- BHP +0.8% (upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS)
- EBAY +0.6% (target raised to $41 from $36 at Citigroup)