Top news for the upcoming week of the US stock market: Fed Chairman Jerome Powell makes his first appearance on Capitol Hill in his new position 27 February. Investor attention returns to corporate reports.
Top news for the upcoming week of the US stock market: Important reports: Monday: Arconic (NYSE: ARNC), Skyworks Solutions (NASDAQ: SWKS) , Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ: CRUS) Tuesday: Chipotle (NYSE: CMG), Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD), Disney, General Motors (NYSE: GM) Wednesday: Tesla, Yelp (NYSE: YELP), Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS), Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ: TTWO), Softbank (OTCPK: SFTBY), Zynga (ZYNGA) , Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) Thursday: Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA), Twitter, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), Pandora (NYSE:P), FireEye (NASDAQ: FEYE), Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB) , CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) Friday: CBOE Holdings (NYSE:COE), ImmunoGen (NASDAQ:IMGN) , PG&E (NYSE:PCG)
Top news for the upcoming week of the US stock market: Apple report (NASDAQ: AAPL ) . Investors want to know the impact of iPhone X on revenue. Alphabet report (GOOG, GOOGL) . Interested in other company revenue options Facebook report (NASDAQ:FB). Monthly Active User Statistics Amazon Report (NASDAQ:AMZN). New Year Sales Statistics FOMC Meeting
● The Bank of Canada published a report on the global "bitcoin standard" ● The state of Washington increases the burden on the cryptocurrency business ● UBS bank predicted, what in 2018 G. electric cars will equal the price of ordinary cars ● A Harvard scientist predicted a rise in the price of bitcoin to $100 thousand by February 2021 of the year ● The value of Donald Trump's Twitter account was estimated at $2 billion
● Analysts at RBC Capital Mkts raised their price target for Tesla shares (TSLA) to $345 with $314 ● JP Morgan analysts have raised the target price of Tesla shares (TSLA) to $200 with $190 ● Piper Jaffray analysts have raised the target value of Tesla shares (TSLA) to $386 with $368 ● Analysts at Atlantic Equities upgraded Caterpillar shares (CAT) to Neutral with Underweight ● VTB Capital analysts upgraded the rating of Yandex N.V shares. (YNDX) up to Buy c Hold ● American Intl (AIG) by the results of the second quarter 2017 fiscal year (FG) reached $1.19 per share (against $0.98 in the second quarter 2016 FG), which turned out to be below the average forecast of analysts at the level $1.20.
● BP profit declined in Q2 2017 ● The US imposed sanctions against the President of Venezuela ● VTB and Alipay agreed to cooperate in Russia ● HSBC will pay $300 thousand for Brexit . HSBC will hold a buyback on $2 млрд ● Athenahealth Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN), service provider for hospitals and doctors, stated, that its board and management team are strategically reviewing the company's operating and financial strategy. ● Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) reported receiving 2 quarter profit of $370 million ($1,71 per share) compared to $230 million ($1,06 per share) a year earlier. Revenue for the reporting period increased to $2,20 billion s $2,11 billion.
● Белый дом заявил, that falling tax revenues will lead to, that the budget deficit will increase to $702 billion this year, What's on $99 billion above, than predicted at the end of May. ● Apple may be forced to delay shipments of new iPhones due to problems, arising during the production of the fingerprint sensor, which the company tried to improve, writes MarketWatch with reference to informed sources. ● American banks are finally starting to feel the benefits of higher interest rates. Квартальные результаты четырех крупнейших кредитных институтов США оказались лучше прогнозов экспертов. ● Bank of New York Mellon Corp. (NYSE: BK) назвал бывшего исполнительного директора Visa Inc Чарльза Шарфа своим новым CEO.
● Когда крупнейший держатель казначейских облигаций США начнет сокращать свои вложения, this can be one of the best moments for investors, to buy more of these securities, said CLSA Ltd strategist. in Hong Kong Chris Wood. ● Investors look forward to the start of reporting season ● American farmer groups and lawmakers from agricultural states just weeks ahead of the revision of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) asked to be removed from the new document, writes Reuters.
● Индия хочет привлечь 300 billions of dollars of investment over the next 10 years, to meet the growing demand for petroleum products and fuel. ● The global cryptocurrency market continues to gain momentum, becoming almost the most “hot” investment idea 2017 of the year. The bitcoin rate has grown in 25 thousand times in 7 years, Ethereum has risen in price by more than 2800% behind 5 Months. ● Separate projects have been launched in Russia to test the national cryptocurrency. The Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov told about this in an interview with Izvestia.. ● Chinese company ofo from Beijing, bike sharing, attracted more 700 million dollar Series E funding round. ● This round was led by Alibaba Group, Hony Capital и CITIC Private Equity, featuring current investors DST Global and Didi Chuxing. ● Добыча нефти ОПЕК увеличилась в июне
● American Airlines against deal with Qatar Airways. Just a few weeks after, how US President Donald Trump accused Qatar of terrorist financing, Qatar's flagship airline makes a surprise offer to acquire a large stake in American Airlines, Bloomberg reports. Qatar Airways Ltd. interested in acquiring about 10% American Airlines in the amount $808 million, US company says in a statement. ● Major US banks successfully passed new stress test. Investors await news next week on payments of key industry players to shareholders, reports CNBC. Test results, published Thursday by the Federal Reserve (FED), Show, what 34 systemically important US banks have sufficient capital, to withstand the two scenarios presented by the regulator, one of which is related to the financial crisis, and the other – with a lesser decline.