22 March Adobe reported for the first quarter of 2022, which ended 4 Martha. The results were slightly better than expected., but the forecast for the current quarter fell short of analysts' estimates.
Adobe's first fiscal quarter this year was a week shorter., than in the past. Therefore, the company counted sales year-on-year twice - with and without correction.. Here's what happened:
- Digital Media – Applications like Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat – $3.1 billion; fact — +9%, with the amendment — +17%;
- Digital Experience – Analytics Services for Customization of Advertising and Sales – $1.1 Billion; fact — +13%, with the amendment — +20%;
- total quarterly revenue of $4.3 billion; fact — +9%, with the amendment — +17%.
As actual revenue increased weakly, profit growth also slowed down:
- operating — $1.6 billion — +9%;
- pre-tax — $1.5 billion — +8%;
- net — $1.3 billion — +0%.
For at least the second quarter in a row, Adobe gives a forecast below expert expectations. Here's what the company and analysts are counting on in the current, second quarter of 2022:
- total quarterly revenue of $4.34 billion; analysts — $4.4 billion;
- adjusted earnings per share — 3,3 $, analysts — 3,35 $.
And Adobe reminded, what 4 March stopped selling its products in Russia and Belarus. According to the company's estimates, in 2022, it will lose $ 75 million in revenue.. This 0,4% from those $18 billion, that Adobe wants to earn this year.
According to Finviz, Adobe's sales in the last five years have increased by an average of 22%. Now revenue growth drops to 10-15%. This fact, and tightening policies FED stimulate investors to sell shares of the company.
So, in November 2021, Adobe's shares were at the maximum cost 700 $, a P relation / S — capitalization to sales — was 22. Since then, the company's securities have fallen by 33%, a P relation / S = approximately up to 14, that is still a lot.
At the post-market after the report, Adobe papers fell in price even by 3%, to 454 $.
Adobe's quarterly revenue and current quarterly forecast, million dollars
News, that concern everyone, - in our telegram channel. Subscribe, to keep abreast of what's happening: @tinkoffjournal.